Mike Frysinger wrote:

ld manpage seems to indicate opposite behavior here for the '-no-undefined' flag ...

does the flag '--allow-shlib-undefined' work ?
I know for sure -no-undefined works to generate shared libraries in all
components except E modules (for the obvious reasons).

then wouldnt the somewhat sane thing be to put this in an internal header
file:
#ifndef RTLD_LOCAL
# define RTLD_LOCAL 0
# warning "your crap box doesnt define RTLD_LOCAL !?"
#endif
If that's how you'd rather deal with it, fine.

find attached a patch for this then, please test :)
I think I just did a "#define RTLD_LOCAL RTLD_GLOBAL" (which should be
defined everywhere) and it worked fine.

then why not fix __imlib_TrimLoaderList ? i dont have cygwin to test against, but what if you change the ".so" test in that func to ".dll" ?
-mike
It does indeed work fine if you change ".so" to ".dll" -- i believe you
could also make a symlink to the .dll files (Cygwin actually uses
windows shortcut files to simulate soft links... insane, isn't it?)

--
Mike Russo
ReadQ Systems, Inc.

Random quote of the last-time-I-ran-bash:
Armor's Axiom:
        Virtue is the failure to achieve vice.