On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:23:37 -0500 Chad Kittel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [valgrind stuff]
>
> With this change, evas stopped compiling with a build error of not being
> able to find memcheck.h.
>
> Valgrind 2.2.0 (at least on my system) puts memcheck.h into
> /usr/include/valgrind/memcheck.h so changing
> #include <memcheck.h> to be #include <valgrind/memcheck.h>
> worked like a champ for me.

memcheck.h should be in the directory that "pkg-config --cflags valgrind"
reports.
Which is /usr/include/valgrind on my system. If it's not, it's a bug in
Valgrind.

> UPDATE:  Right before I was about to send this, i decided to try to
> upgrade valgrind to 2.4.0.  After doing so, evas compiled without the
> change being needed.  So, not an issue any more for me, but might still
> be an issue for any valgrind 2.2.0 people.  I guess I'm no longer
> really suggesting a change, just maybe more like a "heads-up."  Then
> again, something could have just been wrong with my 2.2.0 install.

Okay, I'll make Valgrind 2.4+ a requirement for Evas.

Regards,
Tilman

--
learn to quote: http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html