On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:34:26 -0400 Jose O Gonzalez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:57:02 +0900 Carsten writes:
> > On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 01:15:46 -0400 Jose O Gonzalez
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> > poitner
> > (or
> > > >

> > >   Ummmm... With the current evas CVS, this will only ocurr
> > when
> > > there's a really deep "thaw", ie. if the events_frozen count is <
> > 0.
> > > Only then will the show, hide, move, resize,... functions actually
> > > generate a mouse_move event feed. Is that what you want?
> >
> > err no - i meant that if the canvas is unfrozen (freeze==0) then if
> > manipulate an object (move, resize, show, hide, raise, lower etc.)
> > evas sees if
> > the change itnersects the pointer and if so generates an event,
> > based on prev
> > and current state.
>
>       Yeah.. But unfortunately the current evas in CVS does not
> do that :(
>       Mainly (but also due to some pass-events confusion) due to
> oversights wherein you have things like:
>
> if (events_frozen != 0) { do_event_feed_stuff }
>
>       Now, these things are easy to 'patch'... But there are *dozens*
> of these kinds of issues throughout the canvas code. No amount of
> simple patching is going to fix the basic problems -- the canvas
> code needs a complete rewrite, especially in relation to clipping,
> stacking, and event-handling.

fixed :)

>       In order to do that *right*, there are design issues that
> need to be addressed...

BUT not API issues. well not many. a very few. if the API remains constant we
can chnage the underlyign code at any time. sure it can be improved. it is
though fast and usable and does work - with some quirks. we can do thnigs like
that later or in parallel under the covers.

裸好多                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)