On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 18:08:40 -0700 David Sharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> On 9/24/05, Sebastian Dransfeld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > David Sharp wrote:
> > > something to do with icons not being there.. anyway, it's a one-liner fix.
> > >
> > > fake diff:
> > > ecore_x_netwm.c:654
> > > - if(icon)
> > > + if(icon && *icon)
> > >     memcpy(*icon, &(data[2]), len * sizeof(unsigned int));
> >
> > This shouldn't be possible. If (icon) is true, then we do malloc, and if
> > the malloc fails we return.
>
> yes you are right. saw the size check you added. in fact, this is
> exactly the problem. It seems the app (this can probably be blamed on
> wxWidgets, b/c the app uses that) is not setting the icon property
> correctly, only setting width, but not height, so ARGB data starts at
> data[1]. the sanity check you added is not quite sufficient though,
> since in this case, len < 0 (data[1] is 0xff alpha, and therefore
> negative). either cast len to unsigned, or check for len < 0 as well.
>
> Though, you could also then try guessing the height like this:
>   if( ((num_ret-1) % width)==0)  // num_ret-1 b/c we are guessing
> width is missing.
>     height = (num_ret)-1/width;
> assuming you have vars for width and height.. you would also have to
> start copying from data+1, not data+2.

i'll opt for the "fuck you xwwidgets" option :) (nothing personal!) basically
if an application/widget set cannot set the property correctly - we shoudl be
free to happily entirely ignore it as corrupt/invalid :)

裸好多                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)