It's been quite a few minutes since I posted my full eap cache report to
this list, and it hasn't turned up yet.  I was gonna reply to it with a
quick addendum.  I'll put it here instead, and hope that these two
messages don't get onto the list in the wrong order and confuse people.

In the cases where the icons are missing from certain places, they are
also missing from the pager, and the window that pops up briefly when
you switch desktops.

I don't use ibar, the start menu module, or ibox, so I didn't test their
icons.

--
Stuff I have no control over could be added after this line.