On 12/16/05, Essien Ita Essien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I was playing around with module faces yesterday, trying to understand them
enuff to write about them, and now I have a few questions.

So far, I see that E seems to keep a series of Managers. Each manager has a
Container which has the evas object we want.

A lot of modules loop thru *all* the managers and containers to pass to
their _foobar_face_new() calls (even the new e_gadget.c does that). The
calendar module on the other hand just gets the _current_ manager and its
_current_ container and uses that to pass to its _face_new() function.

My first question is... which is *more* correct

I guess that could depend on what the purpose of the module in question is, but there is some high-level documentation, which may help shed some light on the whole managers + containers thing at:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/enlightenment/e17/apps/e/doc/documentation.html
(good reading, it is a bit old in some places though)

My second question came after various frustrated attempts (I admit, I'm not
as bright as I would have you all believe),

Don't be like that! Your edevelop article was basically what got me started :-)

at getting the test module I was
playing around with to show its edje. What actually happened was... when I
go into "Edit Mode" (after disabling all other modules, so I don't get
confused", I actually see the shape of my module on the desktop. But I also
notice the bottom right hand corner of my edje just peeping in at the top
right hand corner of the screen.

Hmmm, from your description it sounds like you added a gadman client, but your edje isn't getting repositioned right. Are you calling e_gadman_client_change_func_set with your own "change" handler? IIRC this should do the deed...

Regards!
David