On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:30:11 -0800 (PST) jerome Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> Ok so this is my ... 3rd attempt,
> i'll also sent this to raster,
> this is sort of a RFC.
> Enjoy
>
> Hello E-landers,
>  here is a patch that addresses the need for graphical
>  module  configuration in E17.
>

>  It does the following thins :
>
>  I. adds e_modapi_config to module allowing access to
>  config dialog if one is provided (one for ibar is
> included),
>   emodapi_config is optional as not all modules need a
> config
>   dialog (i.e. start module).
>
>  II. add view_dirty and hide_buttons flags to
>  e_config_dialog
>
>  III. creates an interface for loading/unloading,
>       enabling/disabling  and  launching a modules'
>       configuration dialog
>
>  IV. removes the the modules menu entry from the E's
>  main menu
>
>  WARNING: any module besides the pached ibar will
> cause
>           to segv as i have removed the modules entry
>           from the E's menu!!!!

ok. this is an ok patch as a start, so it's in. all the moduels wiuthout
dialogs need to get them and hook them in. i've hooked in what has dialogs so
far. 1 thing i noticed that i need to fix (but since i've spent all day
catching up on email i dont have time today) is if u load a module and it cant
be loaded (error) then it will segv as it assumes the load worked and trues to
work with an invalid handle. other thingsare that the advanced mode is not a
superset of basic. it doesnt include the ability to enable modules or configure
them or disable.

>  Happy Holidays.
>
>  WilAnJe

> http://mail.yahoo.com