dan sinclair wrote:
On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 04:08, Ben Ford wrote:
ewl_test is still broken, but I was able to create a working notebook by puzzling through the source.

Ewl_Test is working fine here. Can you please send a backtrace or some
indication of why it is broken as we aren't seeing any issues. (You have the
latest versions of all the libs and don't have them duplicated on your system
right?

Found the problem; I was using an unconfigured source tree so it was looking in /usr/local for a theme

If you want to set the text first then put formatting on later you can use the
ewl_text_*_apply functions which will overlay the formatting onto the text.

Thanks, I didn't know the difference between those sets of functions. The API ref here: http://www.enlightenment.org/doxy/ewl/group__Ewl__Text.html doesn't make it too clear ;)

And last, I needed to find the number of pages in a notebook, so I wrote a patch to do so. Please review it.

There is an easier way to do this. The notebook widget in Ewl is inherited from
the Ewl_Box widget (You'll notice the first param in the notebook is an Ewl_Box
box). Ewl_Box in turn inherits from Ewl_Container. So, using
ewl_container_child_count_get() should return the number of pages. (And if it
dosen't then I'd consider it a bug in Ewl and want to fix it as it might also
include the tabs in that count which is incorrect.)
ewl_container_child_count_get(EWL_CONTAINER(notebook)) always returns zero.

-b