hey,

it seems that there are some problems with the visibility feature and gcc
4.*. According to the documentation (http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Visibility)
the pragma statement should not be used. And indeed, it seems that there
are some problems with gcc 4.0.2 and that pragma.

I propose that solution:

* checking if gcc accept the vsibility feature in configure.in (i've
written a small m4 macro for that. It add -fvisibility=hidden during
compilation and it defines GCC_HASCLASSVISIBILITY)

* modifying the definition of EAPI so that it uses GCC_HASCLASSVISIBILITY
(if it's not already the case)

* removing all the pragma statements.

i've already made the changes for eet on my hard disk. Without the
visibility feature, the size of the shared library is 37162 KB. With it,
it's 36626. That is, it compiles fine and it works.

is there any objections that I commit that for eet ?

Vincent