On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:02:36 -0600 Ibukun Olumuyiwa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Saturday 31 December 2005 10:08, Nathan A. Smith wrote:
> >
> >>ecore_value.c:31: warning: redeclaration of 'ecore_prime_table' with
> >>different visibility (old visibility preserved)
> >>Ecore_Data.h:41: warning: previous declaration of 'ecore_prime_table'
> >>was here
> >

> > what version of gcc are you using ?  what distro ?
> >

> >>/usr/bin/ld: .libs/ecore.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against
> >>`setlocale@@GLIBC_2.2.5' can not be used when making a shared object;
> >>recompile with -fPIC
> >>/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
> >

> > looks like your toolchain is broken
>
> Not quite. Started seeing those warnings galore here too after Raster's
> symbol visibility commits. Obviously GCC 4.0 doesn't like them.

well more that it insists you delcare them visible in the prototype in the
header AND in the code. we simply need to add an EAPI to every symbol to be
made visible in the .c code (like in the .h) and the warnings vanish. since gcc
takes the first header declaration as the one to use anyway it's harmless (for
now)

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)