Hi, and happy new year ;)

I would add something on that topic, having tested and worked a long time with
this configuration: Cygwin/X works very well as a good X server on your little
sister's computer ;)...

I use Cygwin/X for many month without trouble, I rebuild Imlib2 and a lot of
Open Source applications (even OpenGL programs with the last Cygwin/X with GLX
support)...

So I would say that this combo is good enough for production use.

E16 is running in Cygwin/X
(http://cuco.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/desktop/e-cygwin.png).

Strickly speeking E17 have to be build & tested on Windows before saying that
you could use them but I don't see any major blocking issue.

Raster: what's the status of Evas's win32 rendering engine ? I see empty files
in the appropriate directory ;)...
Since Evas is the heart of all things in E17 that the main focal point to
investigate.

Regarding MinGw I see it as a buddle offering an X server, a Window Manager and
a widget API. So I would discourage a merge of EFL in it : it could be boring
and not so productive.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Michel