On 1/15/06, David Sharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 1/9/06, David Sharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 1/9/06, David Stevenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > the solution is incomplete, however. It is not mindfull of what 'zone'
> > > (xinerama) the window is in. Alt-Tab switching on the second screen
> > > warps the pointer half way between the left screen edge (or right edge
> > > of the first screen) and the left edge of the window.
> > >
> > > An attempt at a patch (a revision of Mr. Stevenson's) is attached, but
> > > i have not compiled, let alone tested, it.
> > >
> > > also, more minorly, it seems the previous patch assumed screen coords
> > > start at 1, which unless i don't know something about e, is incorrect,
> > > so my patch assumes they start at 0, or, really, at the zone's x and
> > > y.
> > >
> > > Thanks, d#
> >
> >  With regards to the second part, I used screen coords of 1 because the
> > outer row of pixels on the zone has an input window which is what the edge
> > flipping uses, so don't want to consider warping to that space.
>
> Somehow, i knew there was probably a reason for it.. let's try again, then.
>
> Again, totally untested patch attached.
>
> >  With regards to the first part, I don't have xinerama so couldn't test that
> > - apologies for it seemingly not working. My understanding was that a zone
> > was like a desk, but it seems I got that bit wrong.
>
> Yes, i thought that too the first time, and got very confused clearing
> up what was what.
>
> d#
>

> >  Regards!
> >  David

well, it's been a few days, and i was hoping this would get in, but it
hasn't, and i figure it's probably because the patch isn't against
HEAD.

so, i've doctored the patch up to be against HEAD. :D

Thanks! d#

Dude! You might want to compile and test it first as well :-)

+              warp_to_y = ww->border->zone->y + ((ww->border->y + ww->border->h - ww->border->zone-y) / 2);

Should be

+              warp_to_y = ww->border->zone->y + ((ww->border->y + ww->border->h - ww->border->zone->y) / 2);

I actually tried the patch the other day with the fake xinerama cmd option, and otherwise I couldn't see any problem with it :-)

Regards!
David