On 1/18/06, Morten Nilsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

well, one thing that immediately pops to mind for me, is creating a
graphical anchor..

just grab one part, select "new anchor" - click where to anchor the part..

let me make a little mockup of that..

the anchor graphic should then have some options to auto-center in an
object, be absolute/relative, etc...

That's the basic idea, but there's still a lot more to cover; there's offsets, on both axis, and there's the possibility to have relative to_x and to_y seperately, so we might end up with a web of lines and anchors that are not usable.

maybe the border should have three handles on each of the upper/left and lower/right corners and links visible when you click on the "modify links" tool or something.

Here's a modified mockup to show what I'm talking about.

http://chady.net/links.png

it shows two types of linking the red object: the upper corner is linked on x to  to_x of the blue object with offset 86, and the y to to_y of the yellow object with offset 40. The lower corner is linked relative to the blue object with offsets 30 70.

This is one of the many ways that this can be done.

--
Chady 'Leviathan' Kassouf
http://chady.net/