On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 02:31:08 +0100 Morten Nilsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> >> now that itray is in, I'd very much like to see a mixer app live in it..
> >> I guess such apps exist allready, but if someone took it upon themselves
> >> to make one that fits into e17, that would rock indeed.
> >
> > to fit into e17 better - make it a module :) itray is nowhere near usable
> > yet i simply havent had the time to look into fixing many aspects of it,
> > but it's a start.
>
> it is quite near usable for me :) I only needed it to get gaim into it..
> I just noticed the bug I spoke of by accident when I brought up
> azureus.. I didn't even know azureus had a systray icon until then..
>
> so, as far as I am concerned, the screenshot depicts the only flaw in
> itray :)

oh trust me.. there are many more... :)

> and yes, to fit e17, a speaker icon module that pops up mixers is better
> than a systray icon :) I even have some mental images of the thing, but
> I'll defer any design to people who are able to make something a bit
> more sophisticated than what pure html/css (no images) is capable of ;)

well frankly- for e17, i'm not considering anything audio at all. it's deviod
of futzing with audio in any way - and it will likely stay there until we:

1. have finished a lot of other things
2. have decided on how to abstrac aduio support - if we DIY or we build a
easy-to-use convenience layer on top of an existing architecture - or multiple
architectures (esd, arts, jack, etc.). 3. have better general audio data
support (codecs for ogg, mp3, other common audio encoding formats) wrapped and
easy to use (ala imlib2/evas) - we likely need an "audio canvas" :) i know
existing implementations of such things, but i have yet to look/make
decisicions etc. 4. all of this may tie into edje getting audio suport too :)

> Cheers,
> --
> Morten
> :wq