Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> well technically we had issues we couldnt solve with drupal or toenda on
> sf.net. drupal requires write access by the php to the website fs - that ruled
> it out when sf.net turned it off - and same for toenda. frankly we got stuck

<nitpick>
Drupal core does not require write access. Certain modules do, but it's
quite easy to run a Drupal site on a read only filesystem. Our Drupal
setup (http://lug.wsu.edu) has a single writable directory that we use
for file attachments. As I don't see any other way of uploading files
(other than the terrible practice of inserting binary blobs into your
database) I don't think you'll find another CMS that provides the
feature without requiring write access.
</nitpick>

-b