On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:36:17 -0500 Michael Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> On Monday, 30 January 2006, at 17:45:15 (+0900),
> Carsten Haitzler wrote:
>
> > what does you src/lib/engines/common/evas_cpu.c say in
> > evas_common_cpu_sse_test ().
>
> You want me to set a breakpoint there or something?  Watching the
> strace, I do get an illegal instruction early on in the execution, but
> the SIGILL is caught.  I'm guessing that's the SSE test.
>
> > literally the mmx in that uses movq (see the macro in evas_mmx.h)
> > and monvtq - movntq is a newer call in sse and thats what the sse
> > test routines should be looking for - stargint at the code in front
> > of me right now - thats what it does.
>
> If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say an SSE routine is being called
> inside BUILD_MMX by accident.  Could that be?

that shouldnt matter as there needs to be a runtime test to choose as
originally u ONLY built the routiens - later i made it runtime chosen so sse
and mmx are always built on x86, but chosen runtime. somehow the sse check is
either just being ignored (weird) or the check is wrong (i just want to check
your souce is the same as i have here). ie - does the sse test function use
movntq to test as the only sse instruction in
evas_common_copy_pixels_rgba_to_rgba_sse() is the MOVE_16DWORDS_MMX2 macro
(movq is old fashioned basic mmx and only these 2 instrucitons are used in that
macro). so check your evas_cpu.c sse test is the same as mine here - ie it
should be testing:

   movntq_r2m(mm0, blah);

it could be the cpu_can_do though... i've made a small change as technically
mmx2 and sse come together. :)

> Michael
>
> --
> Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>