Basically, I do not understand what you want to say by your example.
In my opinion, you want to have a login box exactly on that screen which
is active in the moment? right ? Then if you change your active screen,
the login box shoul go to that screen ?

Actually, the talk was about look and feel - on which screen to place
login box to have a nice view. Now it does not matter on wich screen
you are. In any case you will be able to unlock.

// Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but shouldn't the login box show up on
// whichever screen is 'active' not not an arbitrary screen (e.g. I lock
// the display on screen #6, then press a key to let it know I'd like to
// use it again, if the login box is set for screen #1 I'd have to know
// that and change to that screen).
//
// Feel free to correct me if I missed the boat. :)
//
// - -sandalle
//
// - --
// Eric Sandall                     |  Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer
// [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  |  http://www.sourcemage.org/
// http://eric.sandall.us/          |  SysAdmin @ Inst. Shock Physics @ WSU
// http://counter.li.org/  #196285  |  http://www.shock.wsu.edu/

--