On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 20:27:06 +0200 "Ehud Shabtai" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using fbpanel as my system tray (it is only used as such - other
> features are turned off).
> When fbpanel is loaded, trying to maximize a window doesn't work as it
> disappears and appears in the Lost windows menu.
>
> This only occurs if I use either the Smart or Expand expansion
> policies. Fullscreen or Fill policies do work fine with fbpanel.
>
> Everything works fine when I unload fbpanel.
>
> btw: I'm not using the tray module as it doesn't seem to work with my
> theme (Japan).
>
> Any ideas?

right now i think we have a policy of "other desktop elements are not really
"supported" ie panels, pagers, taskbars, etc. etc. - they interact in often
strange ways with wm's and it's hard to track all of them. often they are
written so they work in 1 wm by luck and not in others etc. i am not really
keen to track every problem generated by these apps during development of the
wm. :(

> --
> Ehud Shabtai
> http://www.freemap.co.il/map/