Anders Troback wrote:

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 05:34:48 +1000
David Seikel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:15:34 +0100 Anders Troback
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 01:04:19 +1000
David Seikel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

OK, try again five hours after this hits the mailing list, or
right now if you have dev cvs access.  I just committed a work
around, but that may not fix things. I'll have another go at this
tomorrow. Must sleep now.
Sorry, no luck!
Damn insomnia.  Getting closer to the reason for this failing.  Give
it another go please.

Well, now I'm confused!

One one box the program don't segs but on a other box it does!

I will compile on a third box to find out more! I let you know asa I'm
done!

\\troback

Just tried this again running e17genmenu -o. I had deleted everything in the ~/.e/e/applications/favorite directory but left ~/.e/e/applications/all directory untouched. It worked! It bitched alot along the way but found a ton of apps I had on this system. Last portion of the output:

========
.
.BUG: References 1 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/all/DeviceList.py.eap
BUG: References 2 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/all/desktoppath.eap
BUG: References 2 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/all/cervisia.eap
BUG: References 2 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/all/cddb-slave.eap
BUG: References 2 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/all/catalogmanager.eap
BUG: References 1 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/all/bmp.eap
BUG: References 1 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/all/azureus.eap
BUG: References 1 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/all/aterm.eap
BUG: References 2 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/all/artscontrol.eap
BUG: References 2 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/all/artsbuilder.eap
BUG: References 2 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/all/ark.eap
BUG: References 1 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/all/amarok.eap
BUG: References 1 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/all/alsamixer.eap
BUG: References 2 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/all/akregator.eap
BUG: References 1 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/all/abiword.eap
* WARNING! *
* *
* E17 will be completely unresponsive for a few minutes after this finishes *
* running. This is due to a bad interaction with the eap caching code when *
* you generate a lot of eaps at once, like e17genmenu just did. raster is *
* aware of this problem, and has a fix on his TODO list. *

Total time 30.757 seconds, finding fdo paths 3.883, converting fdo menus 0.176, generating 0 (rejected 0) eaps in 28 menus 24.494, finding icons 2.193, generati
ng eap caches 0.187.
Finished

Im running updated Fedora Core 4 system. Rebuilt all EFL & e_utils this date.

Hope this helps out.