On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 04:40:59 +0800 "Didier Casse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> Hi there!
>             Gonna bug you guys again with FC5. I have a small problem
> in building esmart.
>
> esmart looks for ltdl.h or for the package (on the previous Fedora)
> libtool-ltdl-devel.
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *Snip*
> checking if g77 static flag -static works... no
> checking if g77 supports -c -o file.o... no
> checking whether the g77 linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
> checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
> checking ltdl.h usability... no
> checking ltdl.h presence... no
> checking for ltdl.h... no
> configure: error: Cannot find ltdl.h. Please make sure you have the
> libltdl-dev package installed.
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.13205 (%build)
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> The package libtool-ltdl-devel no longer exists. The file in question
> is now provided by the libtool package.
>
> /usr/share/libtool/libltdl/ltdl.h
>
> So I did a little simlink to trick the thing:
>
> ln -s /usr/share/libtool/libltdl/ltdl.h /usr/include/
> /sbin/ldconfig
>
> OK it compiled but now stopped at:

> *snip*
>   -L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libImlib2.so /usr/lib/libfreetype.so -lz -lX11
> -lXext -ldl /usr/lib/libevas.so -lltdl -lm  -m32 -march=i386
> -mtune=generic -Wl,-soname -Wl,libesmart_container.so.0 -o
> .libs/libesmart_container.so.0.0.9
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lltdl
>
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[5]: *** [libesmart_container.la] Error 1
> make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/didier/rpmbuild/BUILD/esmart-0.
> _________________________________________________________________________________-
>
> Any suggestions on how to bypass the
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lltdl would be appreciated. Thanks.

libltdl is a system library. its a wrapper around dlopen and whatever other
forms of dynamic loading are possible on a system if that isn't there. it was
split FROM libtool as it is used runtime. it seems fedora have decided to
basically neuter the package and software. i guess that means esmart is now not
compatible with fedora - unless u missed there being another package that now
ships libltdl.so* and ltdl.h

> ---
> With kind regards,
> Didier.

> Yum/apt repository for DR17/EFL: http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe
>
> Didier F.B Casse
> PhD candidate, Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
> National University of Singapore.

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)