On Sat, 13 May 2006 15:14:05 +0200 Michel Briand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> Morten Nilsen a écrit :
> > Morten Nilsen wrote:
> >
> >> currently, azureus is the only application I use that gets into
> >> trouble when I restart e17..
> >>
> >> the window becomes blank and unresponsive.. right-clicking close lets
> >> me cleanly start a new copy..
> >>
> >> I'm guessing this is caused by some weird java behaviour..
> >

> > I'm guessing the deafening silence means nobody cares about java? :)
> > To be honest, I hate java.
> >

> Window Managers don't fell hate :) they simple manage windows dedicatedly :P

every time i have chased a java problem it has been something about java's x
support tyring to be too clever in trying to emulate ms windows-style
positioning and geometry and failing miserably when things are just slightly
different than expected, or some other stupid bug or complete braindead x code
in java. i am not interested in beating my head on the java brick wall anymore
than i have done already. if you have a problem, go over java's code yourself
and find out. ask andy about the last time we spent figuring out some weird
stuff java apps did (java literally tries to detect what wm u have and has
special cases where it behaves differently depending on its guess - which is
invariably gets wrong, and when it falls back to some other code, it's
assumption that that will work is completely wrong).

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)