On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 10:47:45 +0000 Andrew Williams <a...@andywilliams.me> said:

> Hi,
>
> Wiki time again. I was looking through and there are quite a lot of plugins
> providing complex syntax features that don't seem to be used. The only time
> that itemtable and exttab3 (both adding "features" to the table syntax) are
> used is in our syntax documentation.
> I propose removing these plugins as they are never used and add lots of
> complexity making our syntax doc way more complex than it needs to be.

i put those in because i actually expected them to be used by documentation in
the future... be sure they are not used first. even then. removing them removes
a tool that can be used. without some of the extended table stuff you can't put
lists (like the sample) in a cell for example (from memory), which is very
useful (not used atm but probably should be). it's also the only way to define
cells with different backgrounds too. i guess having both is redundant perhaps.
remove the more useless one then (itemtable)?

but if this isn't being used for doc markdown... does it really matter? we
still should have this for news, tutorials and all sorts of other stuff, unless
you plan to convert the existing c primer, tutorials and doc pages there
already to "non-dokuwiki markdown" ?

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com