On Wed, 01 Nov 2017 01:41:08 +0000 Mike Blumenkrantz
<michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> said:

> Assuming you are looking at the Enlightenment internal menu code, that is.
> If you are looking at the async efreet code, this has never successfully
> been used and is not currently used anywhere that I am aware of.

netstar did some patching of efreet and added some locks... and the problems
seen with everything went away it seems. this is a red flag i think... so
worth looking into. specifically the patch he pasted here:

https://phab.enlightenment.org/T6084

that screams to me right now that someone, somewhere is calling efreet from
threads. and it seems to only be affecting e... so e or some module shipped
with e... i need to hunt a bit. it may has been related to menu too so i was
wondering...

and indeed at least:

_scan_mime_func() in evry_plug_files.c which is a thread func.... calls
efreet_mime_type_get() but this isn't related to menus though... :/ so i'm a
bit baffled atm. i was going to add mainloop is call checks through efreet's
api calls and barf if something is not called from mainloop.