On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 16:57:18 +0000 Andrew Williams <a...@andywilliams.me> said:

> Hi team,
>
> Looking at some of our larger inheritance trees, such as
> https://www.enlightenment.org/develop/api/class/efl/ui/clock , may provide
> only 8 members but the page runs to hundreds of items - a complete bed time
> read in itself. I think for the sanity of our readers it would be good to
> list the members it inherits in short hand. Like the somewhat standardised
> JavaDoc output -
> https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/io/OutputStreamWriter.html
>
> Additionally the complete heirarchy tree at the top of each page takes a
> lot of space and repeats a lot - it would make sense to flatten this to a
> list.

I like the tree at the top... It does contain very useful information of
where the class comes from in the scheme of things. Why not use a foldable
section? Expand it if you want the tree, otherwise stay collapsed?

Same for all of the inherited methods/properties etc. - put them all in
foldable sections you expand?

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com