On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 13:05:51 -0800 Mike Blumenkrantz
<michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> said:

> discomfitor pushed a commit to branch master.
>
> http://git.enlightenment.org/core/efl.git/commit/?id=d764e0b2790b322778e6db80932c168ae0d43b96
>
> commit d764e0b2790b322778e6db80932c168ae0d43b96
> Author: Mike Blumenkrantz <zm...@osg.samsung.com>
> Date:   Tue Feb 27 17:31:40 2018 -0500
>
>     theme: rename "default" theme to "dark"
>
>     this inhibits maintenance and development of multiple stock themes
>
>     a symlink is created to 'default.edj' to preserve compatibility

ummm errr... this breaks efl compatibility. you can't do this. the symlinks
isn't a solution because of windows. no symlinks there (well on ntfs only as
only as administrator, so they don't exist).

modifying config for switch from default to dark also will break the case where
someone put ~/.elementary/themes/default.edj there and it just is different to
the system one and how their theme changes on them as it switches to dark.

basically we can't rename a theme like this mid-flight in efl. default is
default and has to stay that name. it can change the look, but not the name.

i think the apparent reasoning behind this is not a good one. the work on flat
is temporary. i don't think we will ever maintain multiple "default themes" as
its just far too much work.

we can maintain color SCHEMES which are just a list of colorclasses and colors
for them - that's separate to a theme and would override. right now these things
don't exist. we are not going to create a dark.edj and a light.edj just to
store differing default colorclass values. we should be doing the above with
colorclass "color palette/scheme/whatever" files that override those named
colorclasses globally on init.

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com