On March 27, 2018 10:32 PM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 17:57:47 -0700 Cedric BAIL cedric.b...@free.fr said:
> at least some of these i think are wrong.
> the benchmarks are "debatable" but ok.
>
> but:
>
> test_bg.c
> test_box.c
> test_calendar.c
> test_efl_gfx_map.c
> test_evas_map.c
> test_evas_mask.c
> test_evas_snapshot.c
> test_gfx_filters.c
> test_glview.c
> test_nstate.c
> test_part_bg.c
> test_photocam.c
> test_part_shadow.c
> test_ui_button.c
> test_ui_clock.c
> test_ui_panes.c
> test_ui_popup.c
> test_ui_progressbar.c
> test_ui_scroller.c
> ... (there's a pattern here... basically every single change for adding a win)
> -> shouldn't it use loop as parent?

This are test where we want lifetime control of this object I think. This means
to me not depending on the lifetime of the main loop to get them destroyed, but
on controlling the reference only and explicitely. This could be moved to use
parent relationship, I have no strong opinion on this.

> ecore_audio_custom.c
> ecore_audio_playback.c
> ecore_audio_to_ogg.c
> ecore_poller_example.c
> efl_io_copier_example.c
> efl_io_queue_example.c
> efl_net_server_example.c
> efl_net_server_simple_example.c
> ... (more patterns... i got 25% through the diff and got bored of copy &
> pasting samples here)
> -> shouldn't it use loop as parent?

Ideally yes, but at least for the _example, it requires to spend some more time
to move them to use EFL_MAIN, which should be done in a different patch not
related to fixing the usage of efl_add.

> test_part_shadow.c
> ecore_audio_to_ogg.c
> -> shouldn't is be efl_del because add should have a parent like loop?

If we move them to use efl add with the loop as parent, yes, it should be, but
as the current code use efl_add_ref, using efl_unref is the correct counter
part.

Cedric