On 03/28/2018 11:19 AM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
Since I do not run Systemd, as others, the only hope for me to run
Wayland is via elogind vs logind/systemd. I made some hackish changes
to the build system to get it to build. Which I think elogind is 100%
api compatible and the same as logind. No compile time issues, but I
ran into runtime issues.

Build wise, I think there should be 2 modifications. Rather than
check/enable/disable systemd. Maybe it should check for things it
actually needs like journald and logind. I had to rename the define for
journald. HAVE_SYSTEMD -> HAVE_SYSTEMDD
https://github.com/Enlightenment/efl/blob/master/src/lib/eina/eina_log.c#L32

Obviously no HAVE_SYSTEMDD, just did that so that when I set
HAVE_SYSTEMD, it did not try to build against journald which is not
present. I think that should be changed to like  HAVE_JOURNALD and
HAVE_LOGIND. That way they can be enabled if present, individually.
There could still be a global option for systemd.

The runtime issues can be seen in the following log file. My gut says
something in the elogind environment is not setup properly. Its not a
code thing, its something not correct at runtime. Since EFL builds fine
against elogind. That says code is good, but something is off at
runtime. At least that is my assumption as to why its not working.
https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/entrance/files/1850078/wayland.log
(prefix with view-source: in firefox to view vs download)

Just wanted to get others feedback. Code vs runtime issue with elogind.

The problem looks like line 104:

ERR<4042>:elput lib/elput/elput_logind.c:506 _logind_connect() Could not get systemd session

Essentially, the elput code is trying to execute: sd_pid_get_session but that is returning an error. Perhaps there is some elogind environment variable (or some other method) to setup a session ??

Cheers,
dh