On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 11:35:53 +0000 Mike Blumenkrantz
<michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> said:

> Hm it may be the case that g_main_loop_run apps are not using EFL events. I
> will dig into this a bit more to confirm.

That'd be good, but at least the data says it's not being used.

> Regardless of this usage, however, I'm still not sure it's a good idea to
> be dropping support for this type of integration just because a recent
> refactor has broken it. Dropping support should probably be done over the
> period of a couple releases, with deprecation in between, to ensure there
> is no confusion and that there really are no users who will step in to
> maintain this feature.

Just FYI, we haven't done that before e.g. dropping PS3 support. The general
question of "is anyone using this" was floated etc. etc. much like this thread.
This is one of those features I suspect is just not used at all today. Given
this thread so far I still think that is true.

Looking at https://github.com/intel/wayland-fits/issues/6 shows it seemingly
has had some bugs that cause hangs (well no fixes inside efl for that and the
commit that seems to fix it there in wayland-fits is so huge that it doesn't
look like a fix, more by luck and workaround, so not sure it is an efl bug or
something else, but it kind of smells like it is a problem with efl's
g-main-loop enabled). at least i smell there being bugs in that code path
because of its ifdef compile time option, no testing worth talkling about nature
and rare-if-ever need. i'm just saying that even if kept it's probably buggy and
problematic anyway.