On Sun, 27 May 2018 11:51:31 +0000 Daniel Zaoui <jackdani...@eyomi.org> said:

> On Sun, 27 May 2018 12:55:02 +0900
> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 26 May 2018 22:37:13 +0100 Al Poole <nets...@gmail.com> said:
> >
> > > Hi raster,
> > >
> > > The commit:
> > >
> > > 757f7a7279e97e80ccb4defa986c174daaf9449e
> > >
> > > Breaks module loading on FreeBSD.
> > >
> > > Lots of unresolved symbols when loading modules: E initialzation
> > > loops forever.
> > >
> > > I thought about reverting but perhaps you have the time to
> > > investigate the issue there?
> >
> > oh really? it worked perfectly on linux... why would it break on bsd.
> > RTLD_LOCAL according to the man pages doesn't make symbols available
> > globally (so regular sym lookups wont find those symbols in the
> > global table - they must be dlsym()'d from the module handle). the
> > man page here says:
> >
> >        RTLD_LOCAL
> >               This is the converse of RTLD_GLOBAL, and the default
> > if  neither flag  is  specified.   Symbols defined in this shared
> > object are not made available to resolve references in subsequently
> > loaded shared objects.
> >
> > right now i'm chasing an efl break that destroys compositing in e
> > after a little time (open a few windows, switch desktops) where all
> > my windows become garbage. something between
> > ea1760380e34074d9e6b9633a54a4f9c27e64aec and
> > 75bb7c049f05176aef635bddcfb320c306b196bf.
>
> I have the same issue. bisect doesn't work well on Cedric 121 patches. Sucks.
> Anyway, I opened a ticket (T6970).

yeah. it's impossible to find the issue. well not without spending weeks going
over every commit with a fine tooth comb and getting lucky. boiling it down to
1 commit isn't possible it seems, so the person with the knowledge of the
changes might have a better chance.

but otherwise i'm going to have to revert all of this and anything that
depends on these changes after it too just to get back to a working state. i'm
waiting until mid next week to see if things get fixed

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com