On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 12:01:34 +0300 Jonathan Aquilina <jaquil...@eagleeyet.net>
said:

> Where can I begin?

first step is writing code that uses efl api's. then writing simple mini-apps.
they don't have to have a gui, but tbh to get better coverage at this point and
best "bang for your buck" or "more code paths covered per hour spent on tests"
would probably be exactness.

https://git.enlightenment.org/tools/exactness.git/
https://git.enlightenment.org/tools/exactness-elm-data.git/
https://git.enlightenment.org/tools/exactness-edje-data.git/

what exactness does is run an app and record its output at specific time points
(the pixels) as well as feed recorded input into it. if the output pixels don't
match some pre-recorded ones, then something possibly changed - a bug, or
maybe an incompatible change. this will cover a lot of code in such tests
because it drives efl at the higher api levels with a full working "mini app".
e.g. just pop up a window with a list, scroll down, select something, change
the state of a button from disabled to enabled, for example. you can record
multiple input + output sessions with the same mini-app.

the reason i suggest this to begin with is that it's going to not require
detailed knowledge of how an api must work (unit tests testing specific pre and
post conditions), and is useful in that the knowledge here can build actual
useful applications too pretty much in full, where writing tests for "ecore
ipc" really only exercises a small subset of useful api (but in gory detail).

of course there are the unit tests. they are in src/tests/ ... have a look at
them.  grep for main in each dir to find the file(s) that produce the
executables and note how they register each test function, then each test func
may in turn run more tests etc. etc. ... ... add more functions that are not
covered already. note that this is why i suggested the above first as it's
gentler to begin with IMHO.