You're right, ecore-fb has some problems and assumptions that need to be
fixed. I'm very interested in doing this as well. For instance, to cope
with rotated framebuffers, I had to add some glue code which you can
find in the ecore part of my EFL++ binding:

http://projects.linuxtogo.org/plugins/scmcvs/cvsweb.php/efl%2B%
2B/src/ecore/ecore.cpp?rev=1.1.1.1;content-type=text%
2Fplain;cvsroot=eflpp

I'm also planning to submit more generic device handling functions in
the future. The current stuff in ecore-fb is more or less tailored for
one ipaq model. As part of the OpenEmbedded and Angstrom initiatives,
we're working on making ecore-fb more useful on handhelds and phones.

So in short, let's discuss :)

--
Regards,

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer | FreeLancer | http://www.Vanille-Media.de