On 10/4/19 12:51 AM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 22:47:43 +0200 leoutat...@gmx.fr said:

On 10/2/19 3:35 PM, Christopher Michael wrote:
Hi,

I updated efl & e from git this morning and ran some tests for this
crash. I cannot reproduce it using either software OR gl rendering :(

Can you provide a backtrace of the crash ??

https://www.enlightenment.org/contrib/efl-debug.md
https://www.enlightenment.org/contrib/enlightenment-debug.md

I followed method described in enlightenment-debug.md, i can't get
backtrace with gdb. After crash + red message
'Software failure. Press left mouse button / F1 to recover...'
I get
(gdb) backtrace
No stack

oh sorry. in wayland mode you can't attach while e is crashed. e has to be
killed off so the crash ui can appear (because e will have locked the vt
ownership thus nothing else can display...).

in x it works this way - but wayland is different. you need to attach gdb to e
before it crashes and get a bt when it does. you have to killall -USR1
enlightenment_start to tell e_start to stop being attached to e.

I tried this way, gdb doesn't work with enlightenment wayland session.
- running enlightenment wayland session
- outside e, in root tty2:
gdb enlightenment $(pidof enlightenment)
(gdb) set logging file log.txt
(gdb) set logging on

- then in e, i cause crash with moving icons in Ibar
- crash
- red message is displayed in tty1
- in root tty2:
(gdb) backtrace