On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:46:26 -0400 dan sinclair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Attached is a patch to make the ecore_desktop_icon_find function use
> and return const strings. It doesn't appear to modify these strings
> (and it still works once constified).
>
> But, I wanted to send it here before committing it as I'm not sure if
> this code is changing in ecore_desktop or not.

My intention with ecore_desktop is to keep things loose for about the
next week while I actually write code to use it, and see what the
issues are, then stabilise it.  Looks like more people than I expected
are using it already.  I'm keeping an eye on what people are using it
for, and I'll try to come up with ways of better supporting those
things.

Due to its rather strange gestation, some bits of the code are in need
of some lovin'.  It's probably best to get the basics right before
applying the polish though.  So feel free to fix things if it is not
compiling or causing crashes.  I'll be testing and optimising heavily
for the next two weeks.