On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:56:54 +0200
Stéphane Bauland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Stafford Horne wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I had this conversation on the E Users list and got no response.  Basically
> > some users are complaining that ecore doesn't build on some systems unless
> > you disable ecore-fb.
> >
> > My opinion is that we should disable ecore-fb by default until someone
> > fixes the ecore-fb section of the configure.in to correctly detect the
> > linux event header files.
> >
> > I have already made the code change on my system and I am ready to commit
> > it.  Does anyone have any objections? Is anyone going to have serious
> > problems if I disable ecore-fb by default?
> >
> > -Stafford
> >
> > On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:38:47 +0900 (JST)
> > Yasufumi Haga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> getting this error and I am using the a late kernel 2.6.28.

> >> correctly setup the configure.in to make sure builders have the required
> >> headers before building the fb code.  I suggest that for now we just set
> >> fb to OFF by default in the configure.in.

> >> fixes the configure.in? Of course it could still be enabled by doing
> >> --enable-ecore-fb.
> >>
> >> It sounds good to me :)
> >>

> >> ---
> >> "Thank you for telling me the truth."  --- HAL9000 in "2010"
> >>  Yasufumi Haga   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >>                  http://homepage3.nifty.com/peterpan/
> >>  fingerprint:0EFA 299A BC32 7D68 1FEF  BA2B 804E 9B15 C4F0 F9F0

> And why not make it compile if the configure.in find the neccessary
> stuff .. ?

The problem is that it doesn't work correctly right now.  I do not know what
the correct
stuff is and its currently not finding the correct stuff on a lot of machines.

Jorge is working on the actual problem. This is just a quick workaround for
some of the
users out there who are complaining that ecore can't build.

                        Stafford M. Horne
Senior Engineer                                 高级工程师
SurfControl plc                                 美讯智科技
Peoples Republic of China, Beijing              中华人民共和国, 北京
Mobile: +86 13611014044                         手机:+86 13611014044

        (Website) http://shorne.homelinux.com/wordpress (网站)