On Mon, 25 Sep 2006, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 09:18:10 -0400 "Stephen Houston" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

Emotion can play audio files obviously.. but it will treat it like a video..
(xine-lib side will at least), which makes things heavier than you need to
play audio. So the short solution is to use another lib. The long solution
is to add support to emotion for playing just audio. The gstreamer side of
Emotion might do this, but I am not sure.

emotion was never intended for a good audio player api - it is simply a lucky
bi-product. i would suggest just using another existing lib/api that does this
for you (one off the top of my head would be libmad).

libmad is only for decoding mpeg audio files like mp3. It's better to use a framework that can decode uniformly 'all' the audio files instead of using limad, libogg/libvorbis, etc... libxine, ffmpeg and gstreamer can do that.

Vincent