On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 05:57:50 GMT "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> > it can't. it's a window. just like tray icons. windows cant be
> > part of a canvas.

1 window == only 1 systray icon in 1 place. you can't duplicate it for example
(well u'd need composite manager, redirection, pixmaps and event
emulation/faking). it means the apps creating the icons are NOT alpha aware so
u get a solid box. it's a bit of a mess in that regard and just doesn't mesh
with e. :(

>       I think that given the current design of the systray spec,
> what we have here is just that, currently, implementing this may
> give ugly stuff for many systray-apps.. But I don't think it means
> that the concept is a bad one and should not be pursued.
>
>       If the concept is useful, then it could be made to work well
> with 'enlightened' systray related apps - there may not be many such
> right now, but maybe some will develop soon... :)
>
>       Better to have good with "e-systray-aware-apps" and some
> others, but ugly with many others... than nothing at all?

that's easy ot invent our own protocol - that's not the point :( people are
wanting "gaim" or "skype" to work - they don't want to wait for someone to make
a replacement app (which in the skype case may not be possible). the problem is
that the protocol is limiting - the implementation of it even more limiting and
assumptions made by systray using apps, erroneous (not to mention how
incredibly buggy they are when a systray comes and goes - try use trayer or
itray - and close trayer and open it again. *IF* apps followed the protocol -
the systray icons would go away - then all come back, BUT u will find half the
apps will die with x errors, and maybe 10% of them will put their icons back).

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)