On Thursday, 19 October 2006, at 10:44:13 (+0900),
Carsten Haitzler wrote:

> > As I understand both the ICCCM
> > (http://tronche.com/gui/x/icccm/sec-2.html) and JWZ's X selection
> > page (http://www.jwz.org/doc/x-cut-and-paste.html), a request
> > bearing the TARGETS atom is a request not for the selection
> > itself, but rather for a list of the possible types in which it
> > may request the selection.  The client requesting is then
> > responsible for issuing a new request in one of the returned
> > formats.
> >
> > Unless I'm missing something, this would be an improper ICCCM
> > implementation on the part of Qt.
>
> from memory thats what icccm copy and paste does - last i
> played. its a complex beastie

That would seem to leave two possibilities:

1.  My reply to the TARGETS request is wrong, and a work-around exists
in Qt to allow direct XA_STRING replies to the target query (which is
why removing that conditional works).

2.  My reply is correct, and Qt is sending the wrong atom in its
request.

So the question becomes...which one is it? :)

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 "You've got more paranoid fantasies than Stephen King on crack."