I tried setting WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.9 and doing an 'emerge e' but I'm still
getting the same errors. Does emerge clear out my env's and not respect
this?  Should I unmerge automake-1.10 instead?

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 October 2006 22:42, Michael Jennings wrote:
>
>> config.rpath is relatively new; what version of automake brought that
>> about?
>>

> it isnt new really ... gettext has used it for quite a while now (as long as
> ive played with gettext)
>
> i guess automake now performs sanity checks to make sure it exists when it is
> going to be called (previously you'd just get errors when you run
> `./configure` about config.rpath not being found)
>

>> Unfortunately, autoreconf is also fairly new, and it doesn't always
>> work.
>>

> yeah, i dont generally trust autoreconf myself ... ive seen it break
> historically too many times
> -mike

Mike Russo
ReadQ Systems, Inc.
(212) 425 3680 x105

Random quote of the last-time-I-ran-bash:
Magically turning people's old scalar contexts into list contexts is a
recipe for several kinds of disaster.
             -- Larry Wall in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>