On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 15:00:14 +0200 "Hisham Mardam Bey"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> On 11/6/06, Essien Ita Essien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > 2. What I would actually have loved, would be to plug it into e17's
> > control panel (in addition to the above? so that non e17 systems can
> > still use Entrance)
> > Now the thing is, is it currently possible to have a plugin that just
> > launches another app from the E17 Control Panel (I don't think that it is).
> >
> > If it is not, is it planned? Is it something that would be desirable? (I
> > think that it would be desireable)
>
> We have discussed something similar in the past. What we need to have
> is the ability for modules to add entries into the configuration panel
> (should be trivial to do). Once thats possible, Entrance can have a
> module that plugs into E17 and can do all sorts of magic including
> adding stuff to the control panel. In regard to having a configuration
> item in the control panel launch an outside tool, that should also be
> trivial.

in reality - we want more than one way. modules need to be able to extend the
config panel - as do other apps/tools (system config tools - ala what onefang
said - via .desktop files). both are needed. the problem now is - the config
panel is really getting long. it used to be nice and short... :) should add it
to the todo - modules with config should really be able to put their stuff
there. also this sin't too hard to do - to the current config panel. it's more
work to actually split it up though :(

> --
> Hisham Mardam Bey
> MSc (Computer Science)