On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 19:21:04 +0100 Nikolas Arend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> Nikolas Arend wrote:
> > Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:46:06 +0100 "Nikolas Arend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >> babbled:

> >> does it work if you run e as root
> >>

> > Ah, yes it does. So then it's not a pam problem in principle?
> >

> I take it that the bottom line is that it's a not a problem with e17's
> screen lock but with SuSE's pam configuration?

basically - yes. other distributions can allow USER (non-root) apps to
authenticate a user and password via PAM. suse (and some other distributions)
do not (likely the pam modules execute a suid root util on debian/ubuntu/etc.
to do it, but not on suse, and as you have shadow passowrds, no access == can't
authenticate).

basically nothing we can do. ok actually there is - we would have to start
splitting out the auth into yet another suid root util to execute - but in this
case i might just say "suse - fix your pam, other distributions have managed
it, and you can too" as we will be re-implementing something that already
exists in the pam world.

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)