On Wednesday 17 January 2007 01:14, Jorge Luis Zapata Muga wrote:
> On 1/17/07, Brian Mattern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > The next question is, assuming you guys see it as a viable replacement
> > for ecore_desktop, do we stick this somewhere in libs (as efreet or
> > e_xdg, or whatever name) or do we cram it in to ecore? My vote is that
> > we stop bloating ecore in the name of a 'dependency freeze' and keep
> > proper separation of libraries. (Its all 'new code' that needs to be
> > verified and tested regardless of where we stick it).
> >
> > Let us know what you guys think.
>
> Indeed, i agree here. Better make it away from ecore, ecore already
> has too many (unrelated?) things inside.
>
> turran

I'd argue on that topic. I think it should go to either ecore or e17. The
reason: I don't think any app but e uses the freedesktop menu, or if they do
so, they depend on e itself.

It would be just a mess in the now well-structured dependency tree if we had
to compile another lib, which only does one thing, and only one app uses it.
And ecore? Well ecore is what its name sais: core library for efl(not just
e17). And if there are already fdo stuff in it, and this would be a
replacement for that, why don't you really replace it, inside ecore?

Peter.