On 3/8/07, Nathan Ingersoll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Jorge,

Hi Nathan,

> On 3/8/07, Jorge Luis Zapata Muga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > if you prefer i can commit directly but i prefer if someone can take a
> > look on it :)
> > note that this makes an API break on the function
> > "eet_data_descriptor_element_add" as we need another parameter the
> > "count_offset" to store/get the number of elements when
> > decoding/encoding a variable array.
>
> Could you explain the reasoning for implementing the two different array
> types?

basically it was on the eet TODO, both group types were already
defined but weren't implemented. I was looking for any of them for a
project i'm coding on parallel. If your question is why are both
EET_G_ARRAY and EET_G_VAR_ARRAY defined on eet, i guess it will handle
more data types from the client side. (of course i'm avoiding the
benefits of a variable length array from a programmer point of view).

Note that if you want to encode a variable number of elements of an
array (without the EET_G_VAR_ARRAY) you must say how many to the api
before encoding, using variable arrays the encoding handle's it by
itself (of course you will need the counter offset to know how many
elements are in there). With this you can define the descriptor at the
beginning and don't care about the length or when to encode.