Well, the problem seems to be the paragraphs are set to "0.7em" when
(supposedly, by the w3c) main content text should never go under 1em.

in my experience, setting the font size in body { } to 76% then using "em" in
the rest of the site (going under 1 only for very specific styles of text)
renders the fonts pretty much the same in every browser.