On 3/30/07, Thomas Jeunet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 3/30/07, Frederick Reeve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 12:41:15 +0000
> > Aleksej Struk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> into one
> and
> for

> > > enough. For example I like to use milky them for E, but prefer
> Darkness
> > > theme for ETK applications. So, if I install milky theme => I'm happy
> > > with E, but not happy whit ETK applications.
> > >

> > I would personaly say that most users will want uniformity.  When they
> select at theme they expect everything to match.  However I think every
> theme should be overideable on an app or lib basis.  edje is very suited for
> apps like xmms and such and not every one wants everything to look the
> same.  I can't say what I think the best way to do this would be but having
> tons of theme selectors (one per app) would seem overkill.  One integrated
> selector say in e's window dropdown menu would be perfect; In my opinion
> anyway and would make it feel very uniform.  I could see how that might not
> be the easiest thing programaticly though.
> >

> > > --
> > >
> > > Aleksej Struk
> > > Master Degree Student
> > > Free University of Bozen-Bolzano
> > > Faculty of Computer Science
> > > phone: +39-0471-061749
> > > cell phone: +39-3204627049 +370-61278908
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://astruk.googlepages.com/home
> > >

> What about a global tool to manage theme, where you can select an
> application and associate it with a theme? You would have an option to
> set all application using a theme, maybe also a group of application.
> Edje applications would register to this tool on install, so that the
> list is accurate.
>
> The tool could change the application theme file directly, or with a
> different approach, the application would ask the tool what theme to
> use, or look in a configuration file, like /etc/edje/theme.conf with
> lines like :
> *       milky
> etk     Darkness
> eclair  milky
> and so on.

I like this.  Perhaps a pane in the theme selection dialog  to assign themes
to  etk, ewl and edje apps (as groups) and a place to create a list of
applicatoins with specific theme assignments?  And for those who want to
select one theme and be done with it, there could be a radio button or
checkbox for 'Apply Theme Globally' or something similar, which would
disable the per-app/per-toolkit selections.

uberpinguin