Hi,

I'm a new user of Elive, a debian distro using e16 and e17 as default
desktop.
I've got a strange problem, every twenty secondes (more or less)
the desktop freezes but not the cursor, and so during ten secondes.

I had the same problem with Ubuntu and Fedora on my desktop.
About the computer, it's an old computer, but I think it's not an hardware
problem. But because it can be :), if you want me to check this before
starting for any bugs, please give advices because I'm not an
experienced user. For now, I have just checked the RAM which is OK
(or at leastn with 2 hours of memtest86 seems to be so).

My computer is an IBM T23, 1 Ghz with 256 MB of RAM, video card
is a supersavage IX/C SDR (rev 05) with only 8 MB of RAM.
If you want more info, I'll provide you my "lspci".

Before using enlightement and Debian, I had Ubuntu with KDE. At this
time, I had 512 MB of RAM, but 256 are down and 256 isn't really
enough for KDE nor GNOME (actually, KDE works faster than GNOME,
but that wasn't fast enough).

PS:
- No, I'm not using 3D modules :).
- Ah, and sorry if there are mistakes in this message, english isn't
my native language.

Aznar Jocelyn