Daniel Stonier wrote:
> At the moment, I left click the top corner and create an icon.  That
> makes a .desktop file in ~/.local/share/applications. That's all you
> really need do to create one. If you want to go further, you can text
> edit the .desktop file so you can customise it for your own
> applications menu or use with an icon theme.
>
> Once you have the .desktop file, just drag and drop from the
> configuration panel into the favourites menu.
>
> On 15/05/07, Nikolas Arend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> in current e17 cvs, what is the preferred method of creating a new
>> custom application (i.e. .desktop file), e.g. for the favorite apps
>> menu? This functionality had been there before the transition to efreet,
>> but I can't seem to find it now.
>>
>> Cheers,    Nick.

Yes, editing or creating a .desktop file by hand is of course an option,
but tedious for many custom applications. This "create icon"
functionality you describe is not there in current cvs, hence my
question. There is an "edit icon" option in the popdown menu when you
click on the window title bar, but that will only work if the
application is already started. Creating .desktop entries for scripts or
scripts starting another application with a gui is not possible (it was
before). I'd vote for putting the possibility to easily create .desktop
files via a gui back in, it'll make life easier for unexperienced users.

Thanks,  Nick.