On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 20:11:09 -0300 "Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> On 7/7/07, Luchezar Petkov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Raster, why the heck are you doing this? I don't like the idea (and its not
> > only me, of course)... At least explain us :-)
>
> I still have to talk to raster about this, but I think it's due we
> pushing E for embedded devices. At least I want to push it into Maemo
> and others for OpenMoko.

Indeed. E is gaining interest from this quarter - mainly because of the speed
of EFL, efficiency and abilities to do funky UI's with ease and not requiring
high-end graphics. We CAN use "high end graphics" via things like xrender or
opengl (though not E itself currently regarding GL). We can expand into using
the graphics acceleration where and if needed, but in terms of a software stack
- we are well ahead and that is incredibly useful.

> E is perfect for embedded devices, it's small, efficient and fancy.
> Being based on Evas and Edje, allow us to write eye-candy applications
> that still perform good.

Even E, from the inside, may look big and fat - it's not bad. it's pretty
efficient - and given what you get, it's VERY efficient (compared to the
equivalent resource footrpint from gnome, kde, even xfce which split everything
into multiple processes).

> However somethings from desktop don't fit embedded systems, and the
> last need some features not present on the former, then the need these
> being modular.

Yup.

> I agree with Hisham, but I think it can be done automatic so end-users
> will not be impacted.

It already is - if you are a NEW user :) (no existing e config).

> --
> Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)