Hi,

        During my development of the SDL engine I did notice that always seems
little bit faster than software x11. I think it was only an artefact, or
something strange with my config, but as Caro also notice this. We did find
something that could be the source of the slow down.

        In the software_x11 implementation, we create a new RGBA_Image for each
region to be update (in evas_engine.c:eng_output_redraws_next_update_get with
evas_outbuf.c:evas_software_x11_outbuf_new_region_for_update). Then they are
flushed on the final surface and destroyed.
        In software_sdl, I just copy to the final destination without creating
new
surface (I need to reset the background to start from a fresh copy).

        The software_x11 is also more complex than software_sdl as it handle
rotation
and I don't know it's internal enough to see how and if it's possible to
change it to not allocate an RGBA_Image for each region. So if someone as a
little more time to look at this issue and see if it's possible to improve
thing :)

        Cedric