> The idea is that we want to build those .pc files conditionally, so
> the following code either fill in the variables or doesnt:
>
> if test "x$have_emotion" = "xyes" ; then
>   etk_extra_video_pc="etk_extra_video.pc"
> fi
>
> if test "x$have_cairo" = "xyes" ; then
>   etk_extra_cairo_pc="etk_extra_cairo.pc"
> fi
>
> Thats why we then use the variables in AC_OUTPUT.

I see but I got:

running autogen.sh:
configure.in:117: required file `$etk_extra_video_pc.in' not found
configure.in:117: required file `$etk_extra_cairo_pc.in' not found

running then configure:
checking for ETK... yes
checking for EMOTION... yes
checking for CAIRO... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in

Even if I have cairo and emotion in the box. Bypassing the test made
every body happy here.

I don't have much time to investigate further, I have to release
SlackE17 (which is long time overdue) and there is still a lot of
things to correct. I don't bother to keep the patch for myself, I
believe you'll find a neat fix :-)

--
Jerome Pinot
http://ngc891.blogdns.net/