Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 16:55:09 +0200 "Dr. Michael 'Mickey' Lauer"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

>> I found this patch to be necessary when working with Ecore X windows that
>> register with the window manager as the desktop window -- otherwise I
>> can't get the correct size of the desktop minus the space that's
>> occupied by panels etc.
>>
>> (The only glitch is that the semantics is not symmetrical to
>> set_workareas where you do additional processing depending on your
>> amount of virtual workspaces)

> could you make it symmetrical? basically you could have multiple areas... it's
> bad not to be symmetrical

I agree, however, the semantics of the NETWM_WORKAREA atom is clearly
defined in http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-1.4.html#id2510516

So this is really just the workarea for _one_ desktop. It might be
wise to add ecore_desk_get_workareas (plural) in addition, but I
wouldn't know what to compute there.

Regards,

:M:
--